Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Digestive Internet Activity

Two Examples of Vitamins That I Personally Take in Daily
  • I take in Vitamin A daily because I drink milk.
  • I take in Vitamin E daily because I eat grains.
Two Examples of Minerals That I Personally Take in Daily
  • I take in Calcium daily because I eat cheese.
  • I take in Potassium daily because I eat citrus fruits.
Two Differences Between Vitamins and Minerals
  • Vitamins are organic substances, while minerals are inorganic elements.
  • Vitamins are essential for your body, but not all minerals are essential.
Two Similarities Between Vitamins and Minerals
  • Vitamins and minerals are found in food.
  • Vitamins and minerals boost the immune system.
Two Examples of Where You Can Get Healthy Fats From Food
  • You can get healthy fats from soybean, corn, sesame and sunflower oils, or fish or fish oil, which are polyunsaturated fats.
  • You can also get healthy fats from olives, olive oil, canola oil, nuts and avacados, which are monounsaturated fats.
Two Reasons Why It Is Important For You To Have Fat In Your Diet
  • Fats are used by the body to build cell membranes, nerve tissue, and hormones.
  • Fats are used as fuel for the body.
Sources:
http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/nutrition/vitamins_minerals.html#
http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/nutrition/fat_calories.html?tracking=T_RelatedArticle

No comments:

Post a Comment